Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last Reviewed: May 2016.
- Locksley RM. Asthma and allergic inflammation. Cell. 2010;140:777-783. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3134388/pdf/nihms284822.pdf
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Expert panel report 3 (EPR-3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma - Full Report 2007. Accessed 11/12/14 at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/asthgdln.pdf
- Akinbami LJ, Moorman JE, Liu X. Asthma Prevalence, Health Care Use, and Mortality: United States, 2005–2009. National Health Statistics Reports, No. 32. January 12, 2011. Accessed 1/21/15 at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr032.pdf
- Levin AM, Wang Y, Wells KE, et al. Nocturnal asthma and the importance of race/ethnicity and genetic ancestry. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2014;190:266-273. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24937318
- Diette GB, Markson L, Skinner EA, et al. Nocturnal asthma in children affects school attendance, school performance, and parents' work attendance. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2000;154:923-928. http://archpedi.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=351146
- Akinbami LJ, Moorman JE, Bailey C, et al. Trends in asthma prevalence, health care use, and mortality in the United States, 2001–2010. NCHS Data Brief, No. 94. May 2012. Accessed 1/21/15 at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db94.pdf
- Moorman JE, Akinbami LJ, Bailey CM, et al. National surveillance of asthma: United States, 2001-2010. Vital Health Stat 3. 2012;35:1-67. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24252609