Adult Asthma and Heart Disease–What You Need to Know
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- AAFA - Asthma Facts and Figures. AAFA.org. https://www.aafa.org/asthma-facts/. Published February 2018. Updated June 2019. Accessed November 30, 2019.
- CDC - Asthma - Data and Surveillance - Asthma Surveillance Data. CDC.gov. http://www.cdc.gov/asthma/asthmadata.htm. Published March 25, 2019. Accessed November 30, 2019.
- Benjamin EJ, Muntner P, Alonso A, et al. Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics-2019 Update: A Report From the American Heart Association. AHA Journals. 2019;139:e56–e528. https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000659. Published January 31, 2019. Accessed November 30, 2019.
- Tattersall MC, Guo M, Korcarz CE, et al. Asthma predicts cardiovascular disease events: The Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA). American Heart Association Scientific Sessions. 2015;35:1520–1525. https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/atvbaha.115.305452. Published April 23, 2015. Accessed November 29, 2019.
- Xu M, Xu J, Yang X. Asthma and risk of cardiovascular disease or all-cause mortality: a meta-analysis. Ann Saudi Med. 2017;37(2):99–105. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28377538. Published March 2017. Accessed November 30, 2019.