New Research Suggests Test for Simpler, More Accurate, Asthma Diagnosis
- Current Asthma Prevalence Percents by Age, Sex, and Race/Ethnicity, United States. Asthma Surveillance Data. National Health Interview Survey, National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.cdc.gov/asthma/asthmadata. Accessed 6/17/2018.
- Yeatts, K., Shy, C., Sotir, M., et al. Health consequences for children with undiagnosed asthma-like symptoms. Archives of pediatrics & adolescent medicine 157, 540–544, https://doi.org/10.1001/archpedi.157.6.540 (2003).
- Aaron SD, Vandemheen KL, Boulet LP, et al; Canadian Respiratory Clinical Research Consortium. Overdiagnosis of asthma in obese and nonobese adults. CMAJ. 2008;179:1121-1131. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmid/19015563/
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Draft guideline to improve asthma diagnosis. Press release, 1/28/15. Accessed 2/7/15 at https://www.nice.org.uk/news/article/draft-guideline-to-improve-asthma-diagnosis.Pandev, G, Pandey, OP, et al. A Nasal Brush-based Classifier of Asthma Identified by Machine Learning Analysis of Nasal RNA Sequence Data. (2018)8:8826. doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-27189-4.
- The Mount Sinai Hospital / Mount Sinai School of Medicine. "Asthma diagnosed with nasal brush test: The team developed a biomarker of asthma using RNA sequencing and machine learning." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 11 June 2018.