What is Sensitization?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Berger, Al, “Th1 and Th2 responses: What are they?” British Medical Journal, August 12, 2000, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC27457/
- . Khan Academy, “Helper T-cells: Immune System Physiology (NCLEX RN),” 2010, Feb. 18, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwMYpTYsNZM, accessed 9/13/17
- “T-Cell Modulated Group,” t-cells.org, http://www.tcells.org/beginners/tcells/
- Shier, David, Jackie Butler, Ricki Lewis, editors, “Holes Human Anatomy & Physiology,” 7th edition, 1996, page 541, 642
- Deo, et al., “Role played by Th2 type cytokines in IgE mediated allergy and asthma,” lung India, 2010, April-June, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2893428/
- Chen, et al., “Stress and Inflammation in Exacerbations of Asthma,” 2007, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2077080/#R24
- “IL2 Gene,” Genecards.org, http://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=IL2, accessed 6/27/17
- “IFNg Gene,” Genecards.org, http://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=IFNG, accessed 6/27/17
- IL 13. Perkins, C., “IL-4 induces IL-13 independent allergic airway inflammation,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2006, August, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16890766, accessed 7/7/18
- “IL5 Gene (Protein Coding), Genecards, https://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=IL5, accessed 7/7/18