Carpet and Asthma: What’s The Deal?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- American Lung Association. Carpet: How can carpet impact health. https://www.lung.org/our-initiatives/healthy-air/indoor/indoor-air-pollutants/carpets.html. Accessed 7/6/19
- Van Evra J. Laying down the best allergy-friendly flooring choices. https://www.allergicliving.com/2017/10/25/laying-down-the-best-allergy-friendly-flooring-choices/. Accessed 7/6/19
- Johnson Memorial Health. How to choose asthma friendly carpet for your home. http://blog.johnsonmemorial.org/how-to-choose-asthma-friendly-carpet-for-your-home. Accessed 7/6/19
- Lowry, Fran. Properly cleaned carpeting okay for people with asthma. https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/774704. Accessed 7/6/19
- Associated Weavers. Misconception: Carpet triggers asthma and allergy. https://www.carpetyourlife.com/en/about-carpet/misconceptions/allergic-to-carpet. Accessed 7/6/19
- Simmons C. Are carpets good or bad for allergies? https://www.thespruce.com/could-carpet-improve-asthma-allergy-symptoms-2908837. Accessed 7/6/19
- Becher R, Ovrevik J, Schwarze PE, et al. Do carpets impair indoor air quality and cause adverse health outcomes: A review. International Journal of Environmental Research And Public Health. 2018;15(2):184. doi: 10.3390/ijerph15020184