Coffee and Asthma: What’s the Deal?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- 13 Best and Worst Foods for Your Lungs. Health website. https://www.health.com/condition/asthma/13-best-and-worst-foods-for-your-lungs#coffee-9. Published September 22, 2015.
- The effect of caffeine in people with asthma. Cochrane. https://www.cochrane.org/CD001112/AIRWAYS_the-effect-of-caffeine-in-people-with-asthma. Published January 20, 2010.
- Can Coffee Help Asthma Sufferers? The Harvard Crimson. https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1993/11/2/can-coffee-help-asthma-sufferers-pcoffee/. Published November 2, 1993
- Theophylline no longer top line asthma medicine. Hardluck Asthma. http://hardluckasthma.blogspot.com/2012/03/theophylline-no-longer-top-line-asthma.html. Published March 27, 2012.
- Caffeine Content of Drinks. caffeineinformer. https://www.caffeineinformer.com/the-caffeine-database. Updated January 2, 2020.
- The Claim: A Cup of Coffee can Ease the Symptoms of Asthma. The New York Times. https://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/30/health/30really.html?_r=0. Published November 29, 2010.