Stepping down asthma treatment
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Fowler, SJ, Currie, GP, and Lipworth, BJ. Step-down therapy with low-dose fluticasone-salmeterol combination or medium-dose hydrofluoroalkane 134a-beclomethasone alone. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2002-109, 929–935/li>
- Stepping down asthma treatment: how and when.Current Opinion in Pulmonary Medicine. 18(1):70–75, JAN 2012 Linda Rogers; Joan Reibman
- “Step-down” therapy for asthma: Why, when, and how Bacharier, Leonard B.Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology , Volume 109 , Issue 6 , 916 - 919
- Waalkens, HJ, Van Essen-Zandvliet, EE, Hughes, MD, Gerritsen, J, Duiverman, EJ, Knol, K et al. Cessation of long-term treatment with inhaled corticosteroid (budesonide) in children with asthma results in deterioration. Am Rev Respir Dis.148.1252–1254
- Childhood Asthma Management Program Research Group. Long-term effects of budesonide or nedocromil in children with asthma. N Engl J Med. 2000; 343: 1054–1063