Hydration in Asthma
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Kalhoff, H. 2003. Mild dehydration: A risk factor of broncho-pulmonary disorders? European journal of clinical nutrition 57, (12): S81-7
- Gabriel SE & Boucher RC (1997): Ion channels. In The Lung. Scientific Foundations. 2nd Edition, eds. RG Crystal, JB West, pp 305–318. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven Publishers.
- Manz, Friedrich, and Andreas Wentz. 2005. The importance of good hydration for the prevention of chronic diseases. Nutrition reviews 63, (6) (06): S2-5, http://libproxy.uwinnipeg.ca/login?
- Moloney E, O'Sullivan S, Hogan T, Poulter LW, Burke CM. Airway dehydration: a therapeutic target in asthma? Chest. 2002;121:1806-1811.
- Guidelines for staying hydrated communication. Dietitians Canada https://www.dietitians.ca/getattachment/becace49-3bad-4754-ac94-f31c3f04fed0/FACTSHEET-Guidelines-staying-hydrated.pdf.aspx