Why Inhaler Corticosteroid Side-Effects are Negligible
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- (No Author Listed), "Inhaled corticosteroids compared with oral prednisone in patients starting long-term corticosteroid therapy for asthma. A controlled trial by the British Thoracic and Tuberculosis Association," Lancet, 1975, September, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/51284, accessed 8/9/17
- “A Guide for Aerosolized Delivery Devices for Respiratory Therapists,” 3rd edition, https://www.aarc.org/education/online-courses/aerosol-devices/, accessed 8/4/17
- Saag, Kenneth G., et al., “Major Side Effects of Glucocorticosteroids,” 2017, https://www.uptodate.com/contents/major-side-effects-of-inhaled-glucocorticoids, accessed 8/3/17
- Irwin, et al., “Side Effects With Inhaled Corticosteroids,” Chest, July, 2006, http://journal.chestnet.org/article/S0012-3692(15)32956-1/pdf, accessed 8/3/17
- Barnes, Peter, J., "Inhaled Corticosteroids," Pharmaceuticals (Basal), 2010, March 3, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033967/, accessed