On Inhaler Demonstrations and Technique Checks, or Lack Thereof
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Fink, J. B. (2005). Inhalers in asthma management: is demonstration the key to compliance?
- Thompson J, Irvine T, Grathwohl K, Roth B. Misuse of metereddose inhalers in hospitalized patients. Chest 1994;105(3):715–717
- Kshatriya, R. M., Khara, N. V., Paliwal, R. P., & Patel, S. N. (2016). Evaluation of proficiency in using different inhaler devices among intern doctors. Journal of family medicine and primary care, 5(2), 362.
- Leung, J. M., Bhutani, M., Leigh, R., Pelletier, D., Good, C., & Sin, D. D. (2015). Empowering family physicians to impart proper inhaler teaching to patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. Canadian respiratory journal, 22(5), 266-270.
- Nguyen, Y. B., Wainwright, C., Basheti, I. A., Willis, M., & Bosnic‐Anticevich, S. Z. (2010). Do health professionals on respiratory wards know how to use inhalers?. Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research, 40(3), 211-216.