Iron Deficiency and Asthma: Is There a Link?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Bener, A., Ehlayel, M. S., & Hamid, Q. (2015). The impact of anemia and hemoglobin level as a risk factor for asthma and allergic diseases. Indian Journal of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 29(2), 72.
- Brigham, E. P., McCormack, M. C., Takemoto, C. M., & Matsui, E. C. (2015). Iron Status is Associated with Asthma and Lung Function in US Women. PLoS ONE, 10(2), e0117545. http://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0117545
- Fida, N. M., & Kamfar, H. Z. (2013). Is Iron Deficiency Anemia a Risk Factor in Asthmatic Children?. Journal of King Abdulaziz University, 20(1), 3
- Milligan, K. L., Matsui, E., & Sharma, H. (2016). Asthma in urban children: epidemiology, environmental risk factors, and the public health domain. Current allergy and asthma reports, 16(4), 33.
- Scott, L., Morphew, T., Bollinger, M. E., Samuelson, S., Galant, S., Clement, L., ... & Jones, C. A. (2011). Achieving and maintaining asthma control in inner-city children. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 128(1), 56-63.
- Brooks-Gunn, J., & Duncan, G. J. (1997). The effects of poverty on children. The future of children, 55-71.