Pain And Asthma: What Do Studies Show?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Edmondstone, W. M., “Chest pain and non respiratory symptoms in acute asthma,” Postgraduate Medical Journal , 2000, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1741665/pdf/v076p00413.pdf , accessed 8/13/17
- “Active asthma may significantly raise risk of heart attack,” American Heart Association, http://news.heart.org/active-asthma-may-significantly-raise-risk-heart-attack/ , accessed 8/13/17
- Gungen, et al., “Assessment of Headache in Asthma Patients,” Pakistan Journal of Medical Science , 2017, Jan-Feb, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5368299/ , accessed 8/13/17
- Ku, M., et al, "Prevalence of migraine headaches in patients with allergic rhinitis," Annuls of Allergy and Asthma Immunology, 2006, August, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16937756. accessed 8/13/17
- Valovirta, Erkka, "Managing Co-Morbid Asthma With Allergic Rhinitis: Targeting the One-Airway With Leukotriene Receptor Antagonists," World Allergy Organization Journal, 2012, April, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3488933/, accessed 8/14/17
- Gryglas, Annal, "Allergic Rhinitis and Chronic Daily Headaches: Is There a Link?" Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports, 2016, https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s11910-016-0631-z.pdf, accessed 8/13/17