Why I Don’t Agree That Severe Asthmatics Should be Eligible for the Paralympics
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Smith A. Marcel Kittel: cyclists with severe asthma should compete in Paralympics. The Guardian. https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/oct/14/marcel-kittel-cyclists-severe-asthma-paralympics. Published 2016. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- IPC Classification - Paralympic Categories & Classifications. IPC Classification - Paralympic Categories & Classifications. https://www.paralympic.org/classification. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- Paracycling Classification . http://www.uci.ch/mm/Document/News/News/16/59/20/20160601UCIClassificationGuide_LD_English.PDF. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- News CBS. Ex-teammate: I saw Lance Armstrong inject EPO. CBS News. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-teammate-i-saw-lance-armstrong-inject-epo/. Published 2012. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- Beta2-Agonist Doping Control and Optical Isomer Challenges. SpringerLink. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40279-016-0547-4. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- Effects of short-term prednisolone intake during submaximal exercise. Medicine and science in sports and exercise. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17805102. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- Wikipedia. Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_at_the_Tour_de_France#Early_doping_in_cycling. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- The asthmatic athlete: inhaled Beta-2 agonists, sport performance, and doping. Clinical journal of sport medicine : official journal of the Canadian Academy of Sport Medicine. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21200170. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- olympics air pollution - Google Search. olympics air pollution - Google Search. https://www.google.ca/search?q=olympics%2Bair%2Bpollution&%3Boq=olympics%2Bair%2Bpollution&%3Baqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.2464j0j1&%3Bsourceid=chrome&%3Bie=UTF-8. Accessed January 1, 2017.