Pharmacare As A Canadian Political Pawn
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Government of Canada Justice Laws Website. Canada health act. https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-6/. Accessed October 2019.
- Canadian Health Coalition. The history of public health care. https://www.healthcoalition.ca/timeline/514/. Accessed October 2019.
- Government of Canada. A prescription for Canada: Achieving Pharmacare for all. https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/corporate/about-health-canada/public-engagement/external-advisory-bodies/implementation-national-pharmacare/final-report.html#2.1. Accessed October 2019.
- Boychuk GW. The non-legacy: Health care in the Chrétien decade. Canada Watch. 2004;9(3-4):34. Accessed via http://www.yorku.ca/drache/Canada%20Watch/canada-watch/pdf/cw_9_3-4.pdf.
- Morgan, S. G., & Daw, J. R. (2012). Canadian pharmacare: looking back, looking forward. Healthcare Policy. 2012;8(1):14-23. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3430151/.
- CBC News. How do the main parties compare on these issues? https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/elections/federal/2019/party-platforms/. Accessed October 2019.
- BNN Bloomberg. 2019 federal election platform tracker: Where the major parties stand so far. https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/2019-federal-election-platform-tracker-where-the-major-parties-stand-so-far-1.1308714. Accessed October 2019.
- Vancouver Sun. Election 201: Where the liberals, conservatives, NDP and Greens stand on key issues for B.C. https://vancouversun.com/news/politics/election-2019/election-2019-where-the-liberals-conservatives-ndp-and-greens-stand-on-12-key-issues-for-b-c. Accessed October 2019.
- Global News. What you need to know about pharmacare this election. https://globalnews.ca/news/5882960/what-is-pharmacare-canada/. Accessed October 2019.
- Cision. Sick of the status quo: New poll reveals overwhelming support for pharmacare. https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/sick-of-the-status-quo-new-poll-reveals-overwhelming-support-for-pharmacare-809794256.html. Accessed October 2019.