Severe Asthma: Preventing & Treating Airway Remodeling
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Lazarus, Stephen, “Airway remodeling in asthma,” Medscape, 2017, September 14, http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/4,20569, accessed 9/14/17
- Samikas, “Anti-IgE treatment, airway inflammation and remodeling in severe allergic asthma: current knowledge and future perspectives,” European Respiratory Review, 2015, http://err.ersjournals.com/content/24/138/594, accessed 9/20/17
- Wenzel, Sally, “Asthma Phenotypes: The evolution from clinical to molecular approaches,” Nature Medicine, 2012, May, 18 (5), pages 716-725, http://www.healthylungs.com.au/resources/WenzelAstham-Phenotypes.pdf, accessed 5/21/17
- Grainge, Christopher L., “Effect of Bronchoconstriction on Airway Remodelling in Asthma,” The New England Journal of Medicine, 2011, http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1014350#t=article, 9/17/17
- Berair, et al, “Origins of increased airway smooth muscle mass in asthma,” BMC Medicine, 2013, https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1741-7015-11-145, accessed 8/9/17