Severe Asthma: What Causes Airway Remodeling?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Lazarus, Stephen, "Airway remodelling in asthma," Medscape, 2017, September 14, http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/420569, accessed 9/14/17
- Berair, et al, "Origins of increased airway smooth muscle mass in asthma," BMC Medicine, 2013, https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1741-7015-11-145, accessed 8/9/17
- "What are fibroblasts?" Study.com, http://study.com/academy/lesson/what-are-fibroblasts-definition-lesson-quiz.html, accessed 9/17/17
- Bentley, J. Kelley, Marc B. Hershenson, "Airway Smooth Muscle Growth in Asthma," Proceedings of the American Thoracic Society, 2008, January, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2645305/, accessed 8/9/17
- Grainge, Christopher L., "Effect of Bronchoconstriction on Airway Remodelling in Asthma," The New England Journal of Medicine, 2011, http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1014350#t=article, 9/17/17
- Keglowich, L.F., P. Borger, "The Three A's In Asthma -- Airway Smooth Muscle, Airway Remodelling & Angiogenesis," Respiratory Medicine Journal, 2015, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4475688/, accessed 8/9/17