Stress And Asthma: What’s The Deal?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Wright, Rosalind J., Mario Rodriguez, Sheldon Cohen, “Review of psychosocial stress and asthma: an integrated biopsychosocial approach,” Thorax, 1998, December, http://thorax.bmj.com/content/53/12, accessed 7/18/17
- Chen, Edith, Gregory E. Miller, “Stress and inflammation in exacerbations of asthma,” https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2077080/#R28, accessed 6/18/17
- “What is Stress?”, The American Institute of Stress, https://www.stress.org/what-is-stress/, accessed 7/17/17
- Shaw, Richard J., David D. DeMaso, “Textbook of Pediatric Psych
- Van Lieshouta, Ryan J., Glenda M. Macqueen, “Psychological Factors in Asthma,” Allergy Asthma Clinical Immunology, 2008, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2869336/, accessed 6/22/17Van Lieshouta, Ryan J., Glenda M. Macqueen, “Relations Between Asthma And Psychological Distress: An Old Idea Revisited,” Bienenstock J (ed): Allergy and the Nervous System. Chem Immunol Allergy. Basel, Karger, 2012, vol 98, pp 1–13