Asthma Subgroups: What Is Persistent Eosinophilic Asthma?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Katial, Rohit K., editor, “Clinical Review Articles: Immunology and Allergy Clinics of North America; Severe Asthma,” August, 2016, Elsevier, Philadelphia
- Mayo Clinic, eosinophilia, http://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/eosinophilia/basics/definition/sym-20050752, accesed 10/16/16
- World Allergy.org, slide, Defining Phenotypes: Expanding Our Understanding Of Asthma Challenges In Treating Heterogeneous Disease, http://www.worldallergy.org/UserFiles/file/NHLBI%20Asthma%20Phenotypes-Lockey.pdf, accesssed 10-17-16
- Nair, Parameswaran, “What is an ‘eosinophilic phenotype’ of asthma?” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, July, 2013, http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749(13)00769-0/pdf, accessed 10/24/16
- Mayo Clinic, nasal polyps, http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/nasal-polyps/basics/definition/con-20023206, accessed 10/28/16
- Mygind, et al., “Nasal Polyposis, eosinophil dominated inflammation, and allergy,” Thorax, 2000, http://thorax.bmj.com/content/55/suppl_2/S79.full, accessed 10/28/16
- Jantina, et al., “Management of the patinet with eosinophilic asthma: a new era begins,” European Respiratory Journal, 2015, http://openres.ersjournals.com/content/1/1/00024-2015, accessed 10/17/16
- Lino, Y., “Eosinophilic otitis media: a new middle-ear disease entity,” Current Allergy Asthma Reports, Nov., 2008, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18940145, accessed 10/17/16
- NHLBI Asthma Guidelines, page 18, http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/03_sec2_def.pdf, accessed 10-20-16
- Gaga, et al., “Eosinophils are a feature of upper and lower airway pathology in non atopic asthma, irrespective of the presence oif rhinitis,” Clinical and Experimental Allergy, May, 2000, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10792358, accessed 10/1716
- Walford, et al., “Diagnosis and management of eosinophilic asthma: a U.S. perspective, Journal of Asthma and Allergy, 2014, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3990389/, accessed 10/17/16
- Barnes, Peter J, Jeffery Drazen, Stephen Renard, Neil C. Thomson, editors, “Asthma and COPD: Basic Mechanisms and Clinical Management,” 2nd edition, 2009, page 546
- Wenzel, Sally, “Asthma Phenotypes: The evolution from clinical to molecular approaches,” Focus On AsthmaI, 2012, http://www.healthylungs.com.au/resources/WenzelAstham-Phenotypes.pdf, accessed 10/30/16