Do Swimming Pools Trigger Asthma?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Engelhaupt, Erika, “Just How Much Pee Is In That Pool,” NPR, 2017, March, https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/03/01/517785902/just-how-much-pee-is-in-that-pool, accessed 6/28/18wim/chlorine/asthma.htm, accessed 5/16/18
- Rushall, Brent S., Larry Weisenthal, “Swimmer’s Asthma”: The Serious Health Problem With Chlorinated Pools,” Select, The online journal of the National Sports Medicine Institute of the UK, 2003, December, https://coachsci.sdsu.edu/swim/chlorine/asthma.htm, accessed 5/16/18
- Phend, Crystay, "Chlorine in pools raises risk of allergy and asthma," Medpage Today, 2009, September 14, https://www.medpagetoday.com/allergyimmunology/asthma/15939, accessed 7/14/18
- CDC Factsheet: “Share the fun not the germs,”https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/pdf/swimming/resources/share-fun-not-germs-508c.pdf, accessed 5/22/18
- "Chlorine Allergy," American College of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology, https://acaai.org/allergies/types/allergy-myths/chlorine-allergy, accessed 7/14/18