The Impact Of Weather Changes On Asthma
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Flowering Habits of Trees and Shrubs - Arnold Arboretum. http://arnoldia.arboretum.harvard.edu/pdf/articles/1932-6--flowering-habits-of-trees-and-shrubs.pdf. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- Science of the Seasons: Snow melts, mold remains. The Mouth of The Kenai. https://redoubtreporter.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/science-of-the-seasons-snow-melts-mold-remains/. Published 2010. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- Matheny, Cards reach terms. CBCNEWS. http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/allergies-in-spring-snow-mould-may-be-to-blame-1.300135. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/07/080710131424.htm. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- By visiting the office of an allergist, you can expect an accurate diagnosis, a treatment plan that works and educational information to help you manage your disease and feel better. Outdoor allergens TTR | AAAAI. The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/at-a-glance/outdoor-allergens. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- A. Scientists map the worst times of day for people allergic to grass pollen. EurekAlert! https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-05/au-smt052714.php. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- Weiland S, Husing A, Strachan D, Rzehak P, Pearce N. Climate and the prevalence of symptoms of asthma, allergic rhinitis, and atopic eczema in children. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmc1740799/. Published 2004. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- The relationship between house dust mite growth and relative humidity | AAAAI. The American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. http://www.aaaai.org/ask-the-expert/dust-mite-growth-relative-humidity. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- Brasier, Allan R., editor, “Heterogeneity in Asthma,” 2014, Springer, pages 56-57
- Health Effects of Ozone in Patients with Asthma and Other Chronic Respiratory Disease. EPA. https://www.epa.gov/ozone-pollution-and-your-patients-health/health-effects-ozone-patients-asthma-and-other-chronic. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- Why Fall Makes Us Sneeze. NBCNEWS. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/3076494/ns/health-allergies_and_asthma/t/why-fall-makes-us-sneeze/#.v-0dktmrlc0. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- Ragweed plants packed with pollen. https://www.aaaai.org/aaaai/media/medialibrary/pdf documents/libraries/el-ragweed-patient.pdf. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- https://www.facebook.com/verywell. What's Ragweed and Why Is It Giving Me Allergies? Verywell. https://www.verywell.com/ragweed-allergy-83185. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- Molds. Molds. http://www.aehf.com/articles/molds.html. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- AAFA. Mold Allergy. http://www.aafa.org/page/mold-allergy.aspx. Accessed November 12, 2016.
- Ten ways to avoid colds and flu this winter. Daily Mail. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-86521/ten-ways-avoid-colds-flu-winter.htm. Accessed November 12, 2016.