The link between c-section births and asthma
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Ringgaard A. Giant study links C-sections with chronic disorders. Science Nordic: http://sciencenordic.com/giant-study-links-c-sections-chronic-disorders. Published December 9, 2014.
- Graven AR. C-section infants don’t get enough good microbes. Science Nordic: http://sciencenordic.com/c-section-infants-don%E2%80%99t-get-enough-good-microbes. Published August 16, 2013.
- Hamilton BE et al. Births: Final Data for 2014. CDC: National Vital Statistic Reports. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_12.pdf. Published December 23, 2015.
- Rosenberg T. Reducing Unnecessary C-Section Births. The New York Times: https://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/01/19/arsdarian-cutting-the-number-of-c-section-births/?_r=0. Published January 19, 2016.
- Thielking M. Sky-high C-section rates in the US don’t translate to better birth outcomes. STAT: https://www.statnews.com/2015/12/01/cesarean-section-childbirth/. Published December 1, 2015.