What Biologics Are Approved For Asthma?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Boehncke, W.H., H.H. Radeke, “Biologics In General Medicine,” 2007, Springer, pages 1-2, 59-61
- Gaudet, Stephen, “New Asthma Drugs In The Pipeline,” Breathinstephen.com, 2016, May 13, http://breathinstephen.com/new-asthma-drugs-in-the-pipeline/, accessed 5/26/18
- Ceislewicz, et al., “The late, but not early, asthmatic response is dependent on IL-5 and correlates with eosinophil infiltration,” Journal of Clinical Investigation, 1999, August 1, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC408423/, accessed 7/7/18
- Deo, et al., “Role played by Th2 type cytokines in IgE mediated allergy and asthma,” lung India, 2010, April-June, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2893428/, accessed 7/7/2018
- Perkins, C., “IL-4 induces IL-13 independent allergic airway inflammation,” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2006, August, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16890766, accessed 7/7/18
- “IL5 Gene (Protein Coding), Genecards, https://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=IL5, accessed 7/7/18
- Omalizumab (marketed as Xolair) information, FDA U.S. Food, And Drug Administration, https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm103291.htm, accessed 7/7/18
- Lai, Tianwen, et al., Long-term efficacy and safety of omalizumab in patients with persistent uncontrolled allergic asthma: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Scientific Reports, 2015, February 3, https://www.nature.com/articles/srep08191, accessed 7/17/18
- Xolair, package label, FDA.gov, https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/103976s5225lbl.pdf, accessed 7/7/18
- Nucala, package label, FDA.gov, https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2015/125526Orig1s000Lbl.pdf, accessed 7/7/18
- Fesenra, package label, FDA.gov, https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/761070s000lbl.pdf, accessed 7/7/18
- Cinqair, package label, FDA.gov, https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/761033lbl.pdf, accessed 7/7/18