Where Do You Keep Your Inhaler When You’re Out and About?
We all know inhalers play a significant role in asthma treatment, and the importance of carrying your inhaler at all times cannot be understated. Your inhaler is probably one of the first things you reach for when you leave the house, along with your wallet and keys. However, carrying your inhaler with you at all times can pose a difficult dilemma — Where do you keep it? We asked our community members to share their tips and tricks for carrying their inhaler with them, and the responses we received were incredible! Read on to hear some of these awesome suggestions!
- “I made an armband with a Velcro strap and a small pocket, simple and effective!”
- “I found a pair of running shorts with a pocket at the back for my inhaler.”
- “I use a small zipper change purse to carry mine in my purse.”
- “I keep my inhaler in a digital camera case it has a wrist strap which makes it easy to carry around.”
- “I’ve been lucky to have a friend that sews. Together, we’ve made several zippered bags to carry my inhaler, phone, keys etc…”
While an overwhelming percentage of our community members stated that their purse or a pocket was the best place for them, there were also some exceptionally creative places to stash an inhaler away!
- “My inhaler is tucked away in my bra at all times!”
- “I slip the inhaler into an infant sock and safety pin it into my bra.”
- “If I’m out exercising, I slip it into my sock or I put it in my bra.”
- “I’m at the gym a lot, so I keep two rubber bands around my water bottle and stick the inhaler in the bands.”
- “I use a hair tie or a rubber band and attach it to my wrist, my cell phone or my keys.”
- “Mine is hanging from my belt loop in thing that is made to hold hand sanitizer.”
- “When I go out without a purse, I love to use a small slim wristlet which is just big enough to hold my ID, credit cards and inhaler.”
- “I have a phone case with a belt attachment on it, I just take a rubber band and fasten my inhaler to it”
Of course, for many community members, carrying one inhaler may not be enough to get them through the day or a specific outing. Storing one inhaler close by may be a challenge, but several of our members have shared how they’ve mastered keeping not one, but two or more inhalers close by wherever they are!
- “Inhaler? As in singular? I have one in my purse, one in the console of my car, one on my night table, and one in a zipped pocket of my coat since my asthma is worse in cold winter.”
- “I keep one in my glove compartment (car), one in my purse, and one in my desk drawer.”
- “I always have one in my purse and one in my husband’s pocket as backup.”
- “There is always one in my pocket, one in my purse, and one by my bedside.”
No matter how you choose to carry your inhaler, remember the familiar credit card slogan and “don’t leave home without it!” Let us know how you carry your inhaler, and if you have any special tips or tricks to keep it on hand no matter where you are and what you’re doing!