Freeze! Why Might A Clinical Trial Come To A Seemingly Sudden Stop?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- PHASES OF CLINICAL TRIALS. http://www.virginia.edu/vpr/irb/HSR_docs/CLINICAL_TRIALS_Phases.pdf. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- Synairgen sinks as AZ halts trial of asthma drug. PMLiVE Site. http://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/synairgen_sinks_as_az_halts_trial_of_asthma_drug_1162584. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- AZ pulls plug on Phase II asthma trial. Selina McKee. http://www.pharmatimes.com/news/az_pulls_plug_on_phase_ii_asthma_trial_1162901. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- Grant A. Stopping clinical trials early: Data monitoring committees may have important role. BMJ : British Medical Journal. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC516093/. Published April 2004. Accessed January 1, 2017.
- When to Stop a Clinical Trial Early for Benefit: Lessons Learned and Future Approaches. When to Stop a Clinical Trial Early for Benefit: Lessons Learned and Future Approaches | Circulation: Heart Failure. http://circheartfailure.ahajournals.org/content/5/2/294.full. Accessed January 1, 2017.