Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last Reviewed: September 2019.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Complementary, alternative, or integrative health: What’s in a name? Accessed 3/4/15 at: https://nccih.nih.gov/health/whatiscam
- Clarke TC, Black LI, Stussman BJ, Barnes PM, Nahin RL. Trends in the use of complementary health approaches among adults: United States, 2002-2012. Natl Health Stat Report. 2015; 79:1-16. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr079.pdf
- Huo N, Ray GE, Mehta S, LoBello SG. Complementary and alternative medicine use among people with asthma and health-related quality of life. J Asthma. 2014 Sep 26:1-6 [ePub ahead of print].
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. The science of mind and body therapies. Accessed 3/4/15 at: https://nccih.nih.gov/video/series/mindbody
- Slader CA, Reddel HK, Spencer LM, et al. Double blind randomised controlled trial of two different breathing techniques in the management of asthma. Thorax. 2006;61:651-656.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Expert panel report 3 (EPR-3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma - Full Report 2007. Accessed 11/12/14 at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/asthgdln.pdf