Asthma Specialist

I am being sent to an asthma specialist and am wondering what kind of tests they perform and how it pertains to having asthma.

Community Answers

  1. mortego says:

    They will most likely do a spirometry test. Insurance may not cover it. It measures how much air you can get in and out.

  2. Richard Faust moderator says:

    Hi kassysteiger. Sorry to hear you are having issues that have you going to a specialist, but glad to see you are seeking information and answers. This article from our editorial team looks at the diagnostic process, with links to the various tests: https://asthma.net/diagnosis/. Wishing you the best and keep us posted on how it goes. Richard (Asthma.net Team)

Share Your Answer

SubscribeJoin 7,000 subscribers to our weekly newsletter.

Your username will be visible to others.

Reader favorites