Spotlight: Asthma Health Disparities Among Minority Populations
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Medical School Blog. St. George's University website. https://www.sgu.edu/blog/medical/pros-discuss-the-importance-of-diversity-in-health-care/. Accessed January 29, 2020.
- Fisher JA, Kalbaugh CA. Challenging assumptions about minority participation in US clinical research. American Journal of Public Health. 2011;101(12):2217-2222. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2011.300279.
- The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America and The National Pharmaceutical Council. Ethnic disparities in the burden and treatment of asthma. https://www.aafa.org/media/1633/ethnic-disparities-burden-treatment-asthma-report.pdf. Accessed January 29, 2020.
- Forno E, Celedón JC. Asthma and ethnic minorities: socioeconomic status and beyond. Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 2009;9:154–160.
- Forno E, Celedon J. Health disparities in asthma. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2012;185(10):1033-1035. doi: 10.1164/rccm.201202-0350ED.