Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last Reviewed: May 2016.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Expert panel report 3 (EPR-3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma - Full Report 2007. Accessed 11/12/14 at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/asthgdln.pdf
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Advisory Council, Asthma Expert Working Group. Draft needs assessment report for potential update of the “Expert Panel Report-3 (2007): Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma.” April 2014 Accessed 2/12/15 at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/resources/lung/NHLBAC-Asthma-WG-Report.pdf Szefler SJ, Mitchell H, Sorkness CA, et al. Management of asthma based on exhaled nitric oxide in addition to guideline-based treatment for inner-city adolescents and young adults: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet. 2008;372:1065-1072. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2610850/pdf/nihms73113.pdf
- Mold JW, Fox C, Wisniewski A, et al. Implementing asthma guidelines using practice facilitation and local learning collaboratives: a randomized controlled trial. Ann Fam Med. 2014;12:233-240. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4018371/pdf/0120233.pdf
- Sokol KC, Sharma G, Lin YL, Goldblum RM. Choosing wisely: Adherence by physicians to recommended use of spirometry in the diagnosis and management of adult asthma. Am J Med. 2014 Dec 29. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25554370
- Global Initiative for Asthma. Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention 2014. Accessed 11/12/14 at: www.ginasthma.org.
- American Thoracic Society. ATS Documents: Allergy and Asthma. Accessed 2/12/15 at: http://www.thoracic.org/statements/pages/allergy-asthma.php