What is an Asthma Attack?
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last Reviewed: May 2016.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Expert panel report 3 (EPR-3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma - Full Report 2007. Accessed 11/12/14 at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/asthgdln.pdf
- Global Initiative for Asthma. Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention 2014. Accessed 11/12/14 at: www.ginasthma.org
- Kanchongkittiphon W, Mendell MJ, Gaffin JM, et al. Indoor Environmental Exposures and Exacerbation of Asthma: An Update to the 2000 Review by the Institute of Medicine. Environ Health Perspect. Epub October 10, 2014. http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/wp-content/uploads/advpub/2014/10/ehp.1307922.acco.pdf
- Medline. Signs of an asthma attack. Accessed 12/10/14 at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/patientinstructions/000062.htm
- American Academy of Family Physicians. How to Treat an Asthma Attack. Am Fam Physician. 2011;84:40-47. http://www.aafp.org/afp/2011/0701/p49.html
- Moorman JE, Person CJ, Zahran HS; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Asthma attacks among persons with current asthma - United States, 2001-2010. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2013;62 (Suppl 3):93-98. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24264497