caret icon Back to all discussions

Is anyone else receiving Off-Label Drug Use Treatment to Suppress Severe Asthma 100%?

Hello, I am new to this forum and curious if others have received Off-Label Drug use treatment to suppress their Asthma? I have chronic severe Asthma, but for the past 15 years it has been fully suppressed with my doctors Off-Label Drug Use Treatment. I do everything in my life like a person without Asthma. The drug maker tried to get me to sign a non-disclosure 3 years ago, but I told them to jump in the lake. With the supply chain issues, earlier this year, my treatment was not available in pharmacies and I was forced to go back to my Pulmonologist for conventional Asthma treatment until my medicine was back in the supply chain. I have to say, that was the worst experience I have had in 15 years and those few months cost me over $4k in conventional Asthma medications, which baffled me on how on earth people have semi normal lives on medications that only partially suppress the illness. Now that I am back on my doctors treatment and have been able to put the Oxygen machine, Nebulizer, inhalers, and other medicines in the closet, I am curious if others are on Off-Label Drug treatments for Asthma, but under pharmaceutical maker NDAs so we don't hear about them?

1. Hi CM61acb3, and thanks for sharing this with the community. This is extremely interesting to read and a curious topic, too

I am also hopeful other community members who may be using off-label treatments will join in the conversation as well.
    Wishing you well,
    Leon (site moderator asthma.net)

1. CommunityMember61acb3 - really intrigued by your post - having severe obstructive asthma myself & where steroids make my asthma worse& I can’t take montelukast - my asthma is not well controlled at all, so looking for options - would love to know what you take to control yours?

Please read our rules before posting.