Expert Answers: Is There A Relationship Between Asthma And Sleep Apnea/Snoring?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Mihaela Teodorescu, MD, MS1,2,3; Jodi H. Barnet, MS4; Erika W. Hagen, PhD4; Mari Palta, PhD4,5; Terry B. Young, PhD4; Paul E. Peppard, PhD4
- Teodorescu M, Polomis DA, Hall SV, et al. Association of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Risk with Asthma control in adults. Chest. 2010;138(3):543-550. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0012369210604667 (Accessed July 2016)
- Asthma and Sleep https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems/asthma-and-sleep (Accessed July 2016)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (OSAS) and Asthma: What are the links? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2637171/ (Accessed July 2016)
- Sleep problems in Asthma and COPD https://www.thoracic.org/patients/patient-resources/resources/sleep-problems-asthma-copd.pdf (Accessed July 2016)
- "Asthma does not cause snoring but there are certain aspects about asthma that might contribute to snoring" http://www.esnoring.com/asthma-does-not-cause-snoring-but-there-are-certain-aspects-about- asthma-that-might-contribute-to-snoring/ (Accessed July 2016)