Is there a relationship between Asthma and sleep apnea or snoring?
- Mihaela Teodorescu, MD, MS1,2,3; Jodi H. Barnet, MS4; Erika W. Hagen, PhD4; Mari Palta, PhD4,5; Terry B. Young, PhD4; Paul E. Peppard, PhD4
- Teodorescu M, Polomis DA, Hall SV, et al. Association of Obstructive Sleep Apnea Risk with Asthma control in adults. Chest. 2010;138(3):543-550. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0012369210604667 (Accessed July 2016)
- Asthma and Sleep https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems/asthma-and-sleep (Accessed July 2016)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome (OSAS) and Asthma: What are the links? http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2637171/ (Accessed July 2016)
- Sleep problems in Asthma and COPD https://www.thoracic.org/patients/patient-resources/resources/sleep-problems-asthma-copd.pdf (Accessed July 2016)
- "Asthma does not cause snoring but there are certain aspects about asthma that might contribute to snoring" http://www.esnoring.com/asthma-does-not-cause-snoring-but-there-are-certain-aspects-about- asthma-that-might-contribute-to-snoring/ (Accessed July 2016)