Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last Reviewed: May 2016.
- de Nijs SB, Venekamp LN, Bel EH. Adult-onset asthma: is it really different? Eur Respir Rev. 2013;22:44-52. http://err.ersjournals.com/content/22/127/44.full.pdf+html
- Corren J. Asthma phenotypes and endotypes: an evolving paradigm for classification. Discov Med. 2013;15:243-249. http://www.discoverymedicine.com/Jonathan-Corren/2013/04/26/asthma-phenotypes-and-endotypes-an-evolving-paradigm-for-classification/
- Global Initiative for Asthma. Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention 2014. Accessed 11/12/14 at: www.ginasthma.org.
- Stern DA, Morgan WJ, Halonen M, et al. Wheezing and bronchial hyper-responsiveness in early childhood as predictors of newly diagnosed asthma in early adulthood: a longitudinal birth-cohort study. Lancet. 2008;372:1058-1064. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmid/18805334/
- Tarlo SM, Balmes J, Balkissoon R, et al. Diagnosis and management of work-related asthma: American College Of Chest Physicians Consensus Statement. Chest. 2008;134(3 Suppl):1S-41S. http://journal.publications.chestnet.org/article.aspx?articleid=1044851
- Polosa R, Knoke JD, Russo C, et al. Cigarette smoking is associated with a greater risk of incident asthma in allergic rhinitis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2008;121:1428-1434. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18436295
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Expert panel report 3 (EPR-3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma - Full Report 2007. Accessed 11/12/14 at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/asthgdln.pdf
- Lötvall J, Akdis CA, Bacharier LB, et al. Asthma endotypes: a new approach to classification of disease entities within the asthma syndrome. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:355-360. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21281866
- Ortega HG, Liu MC, Pavord ID, et al; MENSA Investigators. Mepolizumab treatment in patients with severe eosinophilic asthma. N Engl J Med. 2014;371:1198-1207. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25199059
- Rönmark E, Lindberg A, Watson L, Lundbäck B. Outcome and severity of adult onset asthma--report from the obstructive lung disease in northern Sweden studies (OLIN). Respir Med. 2007;101:2370-2377. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17689949