What is Asthma?
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last Reviewed: October 2019.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Expert panel report 3 (EPR-3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma - Full Report 2007. Accessed 11/12/14 at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/asthgdln.pdf
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Asthma Prevalence in the United States. June, 2014. Accessed 12/9/14 at: http://www.cdc.gov/asthma/asthma_prevalence_in_us.pptx
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. What Is Asthma? Accessed 12/8/14 at http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/asthma/
- Global Initiative for Asthma. Global Strategy for Asthma Management and Prevention 2014. Accessed 11/12/14 at: www.ginasthma.org
- American Lung Association. Learning More About Asthma Accessed 12/9/14 at: http://www.lung.org/lung-disease/asthma/learning-more-about-asthma
- Tai A, Tran H, Roberts M, et al. Outcomes of childhood asthma to the age of 50 years. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;133:1572-8.e3. Abstract