Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last Reviewed: May 2016.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Asthma Prevalence in the United States. June 2014. Accessed 12/9/14 at: http://www.cdc.gov/asthma/asthma_prevalence_in_us.pptx
- Moorman JE, Akinbami LJ, Bailey CM, et al. National surveillance of asthma: United States, 2001-2010. Vital Health Stat 3. 2012;35:1-67. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24252609
- The Global Asthma Report 2014. Accessed 12/9/14 at: http://www.globalasthmareport.org/burden/burden.php
- Schiller JS, Ward BW, Freeman G. Early release of selected estimates based on data from the 2013 National Health Interview Survey. Accessed 11/14/14 at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhis/earlyrelease/earlyrelease201406.pdf
- President’s Task Force on Environmental Health Risks and Safety Risks to Children. Coordinated Federal Action Plan to Reduce Racial and Ethnic Asthma Disparities. May 2012. Accessed 12/9/14 at: http://www.epa.gov/childrenstaskforce/federal_asthma_disparities_action_plan.pdf.
- Akinbami LJ, Moorman JE, Simon AE, Schoendorf KC. Trends in racial disparities for asthma outcomes among children 0 to 17 years, 2001-2010. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014;134:547-553.e5. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25091437
- Stobbe M. Asthma rates drop but experts not breathing easier. June 19, 2014. Accessed 12/9/14 at: http://news.yahoo.com/asthma-rates-drop-experts-not-breathing-easier-155251277.html
- Moorman JE, Person CJ, Zahran HS; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Asthma attacks among persons with current asthma - United States, 2001-2010. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2013;62 (Suppl 3):93-98. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24264497
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Asthma’s Impact on the Nation. Accessed 12/9/14 at: http://www.cdc.gov/asthma/impacts_nation/asthmafactsheet.pdf