caret icon Back to all discussions

What are your asthma-related New Year’s resolutions?

2022 is right around the corner! What goals have you set for yourself when it comes to your asthma? Share them here!

1. Anyone Try Nuvage???? Ive been hearing Good reviews. Think I Will. Any comments? Thanks

1. Hi Terri, and thanks for joining in the conversation here. Actually, you are the first to add your comment. I've been curious about this device since it's been advertised on the market. Sadly, none of the patient for whom I provide care have used it as yet.
      It would be helpful for our community, if you decide to try it, that you provide us with your own personal opinion once you spend some time using it.
      Have you had an opportunity to discuss this with your physician? It would be interesting to know what the doctor has to say as well.
      What do you think?
      Leon (site moderator asthma.net)

2. Hi again, Terri - I was curious - have you had a chance to try out this product as yet? Did you have an opportunity to discuss it with your physician too?
      Is there anything further you are able to share with the community at this time?
      Wishing you well,
      Leon (site moderator asthma.net)

2. Well my resolution is to eliminate one of my daily inhalers, Symbicort. I did get it for free, but this year I made too much money. Sadly, the money I made went to a cash only $130,000 surgery, so technically I am just not able to pay for it. There are over the counter meds, and noortropics, etc. If anyone has suggestions, please leave the answer.

1. Yikes! That is a hefty bill. 🙁 Have you talked to your doctor about other options? Whatever you do, make sure you check in with them before stopping anything -- you don't want to get your asthma in a bad spot after working so hard to maintain your health. Keep us posted! -Melissa, asthma.net

3. My asthma goal is to stay healthy and avoid respiratory viruses including Covid. I have had good asthma control and want to keep it that way.

1. Hi! I'm just reading your response now! This is such a fabulous goal for the new year. Wishing you all the best. Please know that we are always here for you! Lauren (Team Member)

4. Melissa, yes, there is a lot of financial assistance, but having made $130,000 last year, I qualify for nothing. It doesn't matter that I spent it all on surgery. I am using over the counter aids, and praying a lot!

Please read our rules before posting.