Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last Reviewed: May 2016.
- Parsons JP, Hallstrand TS, Mastronarde JG, et al; American Thoracic Society Subcommittee on Exercise-induced Bronchoconstriction. An official American Thoracic Society clinical practice guideline: exercise-induced bronchoconstriction. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013;187:1016-1027.
- Mannix ET, Roberts M, Fagin DP, et al. The prevalence of airways hyperresponsiveness in members of an exercise training facility. J Asthma. 2003;40:349-355. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12870830
- Helenius I, Haahtela T. Allergy and asthma in elite summer sport athletes. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2000;106:444-452. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10984362
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. Expert panel report 3 (EPR-3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma - Full Report 2007. Accessed 11/12/14 at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/asthgdln.pdf
- Lötvall J, Akdis CA, Bacharier LB, et al. Asthma endotypes: a new approach to classification of disease entities within the asthma syndrome. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:355-360. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21281866
- Bougault V, Boulet LP. Airway dysfunction in swimmers. Br J Sports Med. 2012;46:402-406.
- Personal Communication, Stephen Gaudet, RRT. December 21, 2014.