Is Swimming Beneficial To Asthmatics?
This article represents the opinions, thoughts, and experiences of the author; none of this content has been paid for by any advertiser. The Asthma.net team does not recommend or endorse any products or treatments discussed herein. Learn more about how we maintain editorial integrity here.
- Fitch, Kenneth.D., “Effects of Swimming training on children with asthma,” Archives of Disease in Children, 1976, http://adc.bmj.com/content/archdischild/51/3/190.full.pdf, accessed 5/14/17 Fitch, Kenneth.D. et al., “Specificity of exercise in exercise-induced asthma,” British Medical Journal, 1971, accessed 5/14/18
- Inbar, Omri, Oded Bar-Or, “Swimming and asthma: Benefits and deleterious effects,” Sports Medicine, 1992,file:///home/chronos/u-8cb586a83dc43daeeeecf6141dd804bfbc193ecf/Downloads/SwimingEIA.pdf, accessed 5/14/18
- Fitch, Kenneth D., Simon Godfrey, “Asthma and athletic performance,” Journal of the American Medical Association, 1976, https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/346646?redirect=true, accessed 4/13/18
- Wiley - Blackwell. "Swimming Aids Asthma Symptoms In Children, Study Finds." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 27 August 2009.
, accessed 4/13/18
- Bernard, Alfred, “Asthma and swimming: weighing the benefits and the risks,” 2010, Oct, http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S0021-75572010000500002&script=sci_arttext&tlng=en, accessed 4/13/18